Welcome! Thanks for taking a look at our church website. Brentwood Community United Methodist Church (BCUMC) is a reconciling congregration celebrating 150 years of continuous ministry.
We know that finding a spiritual community that meets your needs personally or as a family can be a challenging task.
We welcome ALL people regardless of gender, race, class, age, ability, religious affiliation or sexual orientation. We value each one as a precious and unique child of God.
We affirm the questions you may have as you check out churches via websites or visits. We’ll try to answer a few here. Read More >>
Good News!! Starting April 11, 2021, we will be able to have live, IN PERSON, worship services with numbers limited by social distancing. We will continue to provide live streaming of the services on Zoom, Facebook, YouTube and this web page. Recordings will still be posted here and on our Facebook group page each Sunday. If you have a prayer request, you can click the "Prayer Request" button below. If you are in immediate need of pastoral care, please contact Pastor Lee directly.
Our Administrative Assistant will be working part time in the office (hours to be determined) so phone messages can be left. However, a response may be delayed due to the change in her hours.
H.O.P.E. House is still open to distribute food and clothing Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am to noon.
The church would certainly appreciate your continued contributions. Checks can be mailed to the church office and contributions can be made using PayPal.
COVID-19 GUIDELINES UPDATED (March 1st, 2022)
“Do No Harm, Do Good, Stay in Love with God Always!”
(General Principal of Wesleyan Methodist Discipleship)
- In alignment with state requirements Contra Costa County has lifted universal mask requirements for vaccinated people in most indoor public settings.
- For our public worship, we strongly suggest mask wearing for all, vaccinated or not, during the service and fellowship, with the exception that worship ministers (speakers or singers who are vaccinated) can take off their masks during speaking or singing and put back their masks on when they are done, and when eating or drinking. we must keep in mind that many members of our congregation are immunocompromised, and some have battled this disease and are concerned about re-infection.
- For the safety of all, we continue to respect each person’s choice to wear or not a mask in any circumstances. No one should be asked ‘why?’
- For the safety of all, anyone who has fever or sick should stay at home.
- We allow people to bring home-made food to church or to cook in the church kitchen while only designated servers serve participants.
- Regarding vaccination check, we will operate this guideline through an honor system. We will not demand to show any vaccination proof at the door or during the meeting to honor each participant’s privacy and integrity.
Brentwood Community United Methodist Church Ad Council
During these days of COVID, there are four ways you can safely worship with us.
- Worship with us in person: masks are strongly encouraged, but are required only for those not fully vaccinated.
- Join us in a Zoom meeting and you can interact with the Pastor during the service.
- Watch the service live on our YouTube channel.
- Watch a recording of the service later in the week.
Details for on-line options are below.
Because some people cannot worship with us in church, we will continue to provide our services live on Zoom. For those members of our congregation who have a camera and microphone on their device, the service is available LIVE on a ZOOM video conference. People on the ZOOM video conference can see and hear what is happening in the Sanctuary and they also can participate in the worship service during a mini-social time before the service and during the sharing of Joys and Concerns.
Because some people cannot worship with us in church, we will continue to provide our services on a live stream. For those members of our congregation who do not have a camera and microphone on their device, the service is available LIVE on a LIVE STREAM. People watching the LIVE STREAM can see and hear what is happening in the Sanctuary. (Note: Click on the small square in the lower right corner of the video to see the service in a full screen.) We use the YouTube streaming service. Some members of the congregation have been able to watch the service using the YouTube app on their big screen smart TVs.
For members of the congregation who cannot worship with us on Sunday mornings, we record our worship services for later viewing. We try very hard to make the recording available around 7:00PM Sunday evenings. (Note: Click on the small square in the lower right corner of the video to see the service in a full screen.)
| Sunday Service: Join us in the church sanctuary for in-person worship!! |
JOIN US IN THE CHURCH SANCTUARY SUNDAYS FOR IN-PERSON WORSHIP!!
We realize there are many reasons why people cannot attend in-person worship, so you can click on the image above Sunday at 10:15AM to watch the live service here or CLICK HERE to watch the service on a larger screen.
Youth Director Cheryl Breitenbucher’s message for November 27, 2022:
“Preparing Our Hearts for Jesus”
Gospel Reading: Matthew 24:36-44 (NRSV)
Pastor Hyesung Lee